Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Do You Want Free Stuff?

I have been telling people about how I have begun to do the coupon thing and people are sounding interested.  Here is a list of blogs that I frequently look at.  The key to couponing is to start somewhere and then build from there.  I can't tell you how many free toothbrushes, soap, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper, body wash, food items, and more that I have gotten through using the coupons from the sunday paper and from printables off the internet.  Have a look and make sure to scroll through older posts to get the idea of what is going on.

2 comments:

  1. I know I should look at these web sites and educate myself before I open my big mouth but coupons have never been helpful to me because I can ususally get the off brand for cheaper than whatever the coupon's discount offers. Is this a dumb way to think? Is using coupons a better discount than buying cheaper food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, let me give you an example of a shopping day that I did last week.
    at smiths i bought

    2 gal whole milk
    10 packages of quaker rice cakes
    11 bars johnsons Buddies soap
    3 rolls

    at walgreens I bought

    4 glade motion spray holder thingys(normally $9.99 each)
    1 tube of tooth paste
    3 packs of gum

    All of this for $2.80 including tax. This is from using coupons at the right time with the right sale. I use to think the same thing you did about that the coupon doesn't make it cheaper than the cheep stuff, but now I know that if you pair the coupon with a sale you can get it so much cheaper than the no-name brand. I know it takes a little bit of work to get started, but it is totally worth it in the end. This week I have got more toothpaste for free, shampoo for free, deodorant for 19 cents, toothbrushes, listerine for free, Dove bars of soap for free, cereal for free, and more. I am doing this to get my year supply not just in food, but also in non-food items. It is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!